Saturday, June 1, 2013

Celebrity Recipes: In the Cards

There's a guy named Jake who is selling vintage celebrity recipes on Zazzle. 

Not only are the recipes interesting (I haven't tried them yet), but they tell us so much about the stars and their gustatory autobiographies are...well, you go and look and decide.

But who could resist Olga Baclanova (she of Freaks fame) and her recipe for Apple Float? I can hear her accent as I read the instructions: "Rub a sufficient quantity of stewed apples through a coarse sieve or mash them thoroughly."  One of us, one of us.

Mamie Eisenhower offers a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie; Harold Lloyd likes pork, and who could live without Regis Toomey's fish recipe?

Most telling is the complete menu for the favorite dinner of Ginger Rogers, which has "a continental piquancy." Well, so do I, so I'm checking it out.

Jake sells these vintage recipes, and I think they'd make nifty postcards.

Especially that Olga Baclanova number.

Here's the website:
http://www.zazzle.com/jakestuff/gifts?cg=196002165476761455 


No comments:

Post a Comment